Ok, so the last relationship pinterest attempt that I tried did not go over all that well. I mean it went, but it took much longer to do than I had originally intended. Well, this one is just a looooonnngggg attempt to start with so we shall see how well this goes over. Like the last attempt I did, I challenge you to do this one with me too! I’ll explain it here in a second. I see so much divorce and unhappy marriages in the world today and so that makes me ever more passionate to be a better wife and to have a Christ-centered marriage more than ever. So, here I am doing relationship attempt #2! I am loving trying the things that I pin instead of just reading the articles and saying, “oh, that’s a cute idea!” So, come along side me and show how you are thankful towards your husband as well!
So what the challenge is, is there are 99 Things that you might be thankful for your husband. Each day you pick one thing and you either email him, text him, call him, facebook him or just downright tell him face to face that you are thankful for that thing. I will start either today or tomorrow, I haven’t decided yet. I have a feeling by us showing our thankfulness in these areas, it will not only help us see the best in our husbands and take our focus off of their flaws but by building them up that will probably draw their hearts closer to ours because they realize how much we actually appreciate them. As women, at least in my experience, we tend to look for the flaws in others, men or women. We as Christians, are called to be uplifting and what better place to start than at home? So, join me in the 99 days of thankfulness!
Here is the list:
1. He works hard.
2. He has a job.
3. He’s trying hard to find a better job.
4. He’s a human jungle gym for the dog.
5. He wants the best for our family.
6. He helps with the dog at bedtime.
7. He’s passionate about our family.
8. He’s a good leader.
9. He’s not a whiner.
10. I can trust his judgment.
11. He does the right thing, even when he doesn’t want to.
12. He tries to please me.
13. He’s organized.
14. He’s inventive.
15. He loves to get his hands dirty.
16. He’s adventurous.
17. He’s dependable.
18. He takes command.
19. He can still sweet talk me.
20. He’s a saver.
21. He’s a spender.
22. He rarely buys things for himself.
23. He’s disciplined.
24. He doesn’t [chew me out].
25. He doesn’t swear that much.
26. He doesn’t swear in front of children.
27. He can fix anything.
28. He knows when to call a repairman.
29. He’s stays calm in hairy situations.
30. He volunteers to [take the dog out].
31. He can [pick up poop].
32. He’ll buy the tampons.
33. He marvels at our [little family].
34. He asks my opinion.
35. He’s committed to our marriage.
36. He’s realistic.
37. He surprises me with flowers and gifts.
38. He compliments me.
39. He’s a good guy.
40. He’s consistent.
41. He helps clear the table.
42. He thanks me at the end of most meals.
43. He has simple tastes.
44. I’m still attracted to him.
45. He has a sweet smile.
46. He doesn’t make excuses.
47. He knows me.
48. He chose me.
49. He’s a great bug killer!
50. He’ll help with laundry.
51. He touches me in all the right ways, and in all the right places.
52. He still wants to be physical with me.
53. He loves me as I grow older.
54. He wants to be a good man.
55. He values my job as a wife.
56. He is encouraging.
57. He [listens to me].
58. He’s silly for [me].
59. His eyes don’t stray.
60. He doesn’t step out on me.
61. He doesn’t drink.
62. He doesn’t do drugs.
63. He gets what’s important in life.
64. He would do anything to keep me smiling.
65. He would lay down his life for us.
66. His arms are protective.
67. He keeps our cars picked up.
68. He pursues a relationship with God.
69. Things seem to roll off his back.
70. He tries to put up with my PMS.
71. He’d rather be with me than anywhere else.
72. He’s a trusted friend.
73. He’d give a stranger the shirt off his back.
74. He’s honest.
75. He’s not a showoff.
76. He’s not scatter-brained.
77. He’s always prepared.
78. He’s a great provider.
79. I know we’ll never go hungry.
80. He’s creative.
81. He calls if he’s running late.
82. He’s always on time.
83. He’s happy to [take the lead].
84. He makes me laugh.
85. He has a good heart.
86. He is honorable.
87. He takes out the garbage.
88. He finds the fun in life.
89. When he makes decisions he considers the needs of our family first.
90. He’s irresistible.
91. He’s kind.
92. He is willing to watch romantic movies with me.
93. He cracks up at [Youtube Videos].
94. He’s respected at work.
95. He’s a good employee.
96. He’s a good follower.
97. He’s a man of his word.
98. He desires to be the best husband he can be.
99. He’s a good companion
This list is taken from here and is not my property by any means. I made some adjustments because we don’t have kids and so I made some indications with brackets. Take a look at the original list if you do have kids or make adjustments of your own as well! Each husband is unique and we can be thankful for their uniqueness too!
Let’s do this!