I love my husband a lot! Although, we have been married for 3 years and we are definitely not in the honeymoon stage anymore. It happens. I desperately want to keep the spark alive in our relationship and I know it is going to take effort on my part just as much as I want him to romance me. Plus it really just brings joy to my life to see him happy and feeling pursued!
I found this lovely little bit of loveliness from Steph over at Littlebitofparadise about romancing your husband.
I have adjusted the list just a little bit to mirror what my husband loves and I think I am going to do my best to implement them over the next month or so. I will definitely keep you updated on how this goes.
37 Ways To Romance Your Husband
- Dress up, primp (makeup, hair) before he comes home from work. Taking care of your physical appearance for his sake, if not for your own, means a lot to a man.
- Buy a six-pack of his favorite beer and put it front and center in the fridge with a post-it love note on it. (If he prefers dessert, do the same with a half gallon of his favorite ice cream in the freezer).
- Determine your husband’s “love language” and do at least one thing a day for a week that specifically says “I love you” according to his love language (see the book The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman).
- Make him a romantic dinner wearing your favorite apron and his favorite lingerie.
- Go on a milkshake date. It is goofy and just a fun way to connect over something yummy!
- Go shopping together for new lingerie. Often.
- If your husband loves books and/or music: plan a “bookstore date” where you’ll each pick out a new book for the other, or a new CD. Don’t forget coffee and dessert and relaxing convo in the café before you leave!
- Leave a lacy unmentionable in his gym bag or briefcase so he’ll find it during the day at work.
- Watch his favorite nerdy show with him. Even though it may seem silly or even lame in some ways, watch it with him. He will love it!
- Let him sleep in on a weekend.
- Order his favorite food and have it delivered just as he gets home for a surprise date night.
- Always affirm and compliment him in public. Don’t criticize or belittle, even if your girlfriends are doing it to their husbands at the same gathering.
- Let him pick the date, time, location, position. Just make sure he knows you can’t wait. Alternatively turn the tables on him: YOU pick the scenario when he least expects it. Show him that you can’t keep your hands off him!
- Let him have time with his guy friends. Don’t nag him to come home right away!
- Don’t give him a to-do list on the weekend.
- Verbally express your admiration and respect. Often.
- Defer to his decisions joyfully. That means without complaining.
- Choose to spend a night in with him rather than going out with friends.
- Text/email little notes and messages during the work day. Sexy ones and “just cuz” ones.
- Book a local hotel room, and take him, candles, wine, and take-out dinner for a romantic escapade neither of you will forget.
- Do something active together.
- Plan weekly “date night ins”. Order take-out. Rent a movie. Play a game. Just sit on the couch and soak in each other. Whatever makes it a night relaxing and fun for the two of you, but especially for him.
- Admire his physique. Verbally express appreciation that he takes care of himself.
- Allow him to play his favorite computer/smartphone/video game “guilt free” (i.e., without nagging from the wifey).
- Plan an outing for just the two of you doing his favorite outdoor adventure: kayaking, tennis, hiking, trail running, biking, snorkeling, fishing, etc.
- Let him pick the movie, TV show, or game. Even if it’s one of those action flicks you can’t stand.
- Choose to wear a sexy nightgown to bed vs. the oversized t-shirt and flannels you love so much.
- Celebrate his achievements at work, school, etc. Make a big deal out of his accomplishments.
- Thank him often for being a good provider and taking such good care of you.
- Make eye contact and give full attention to his response after you ask him “So babe, how was your day?”
- Pray for his intentions, and make sure he knows you’re his #1 prayer warrior.
- Buy a week’s worth of new silky/lacy under things and wear one new item every day for a week. Tell him he has a new surprise to check out at the end of each day. (No Hanes or Fruit of the Looms allowed for this one, ladies!)
- Go on a brewery tour or distillery tour. Something he loves and something I love.
- Apologize sincerely for something that upset him and ask for his forgiveness. And if he reciprocates with an apology, don’t demand a specific list of what he’s apologizing for. Just accept it. And if you can seal that apology with a hug, a kiss, and perhaps some make-up rough-and-tumble, so much the better.
- Verbalize your desire to try something new/adventurous in the bedroom. Or out of the bedroom.
- Make his favorite meal. I am one to try new recipes all the time and some of them can be quite strange. Make something he knows and loves. He will be so appreciative of it!
- Say “I love you” verbally. At least a bajillion times a day.
What are ways you like to romance your husband? I love finding new ways to show TJ just how much I love him!