I am always just generally keeping an eye on things I would like to buy my husband. Gift giving is a huge love language for me! I can’t help it! Haha!
So, that being said check out these awesome things I would like to buy my hubby some day!
These watch from Tree Hut Design is so awesome! You can check them out here!
I absolutely love this ring from MaraJoyce! Beautiful handiwork, you should check it out here!
I absolutely love this beard comb from miniFab! Tj would love this! Check out their work here!
Someday, I hope I can get him these things! An anniversary is not too far off 😉
I love to be romanced. What woman doesn’t?! And to be fair, what man doesn’t want to feel pursued?! We all have a desire to be loved and wanted and romanced! It makes us feel special. It makes us feel like someone out there cares about us about most others! Gives me butterflies just thinking about it. I am such a sap and such a romantic at heart. I love a good cheesy romantic movie. I love old Disney movies that have cheesy romance in them. I love big bang music! To me that is always romantic. I cannot get enough of “The Way You Look Tonight.” Especially when Adam Levine from Maroon 5 sings it. I could listen to him sing that song all the time! Anyway, I love to be romanced!
Some of my favorite ways are:
~ Chocolate: Bring me some chocolate, whether it is in a box or in a paper bag or just a candy bar from the grocery store! I’ll take it and I love it!
~ Flowers: Roses are some of my favorites. Sunflowers are wonderful! But I’m really not picky. I love to receive flowers!
~ Surprises: If I am not expecting it, that makes it that much better!
~ Spontaneous dates: whether it is out to dinner or a movie or a road trip, if you put in the effort to take me out somewhere or make me dinner at home or what have you, oh man, so happy!
~Planned dates: I want to know that you are putting forth that effort. That I am on your mind enough to be pursued intentionally.
This next one might be a little strange to some of you…
~ An at home pedicure: I love to be pampered, I’m not gonna lie. TJ never really does this but that’s ok. Working in retail my feet get so sore. Getting my feet rubbed and lotioned and then even maybe my nails painted. I am in heaven!
Ladies, or gentlemen, what are ways you like to be pursued or romanced? What are ways I can romance my husband?
So, it is day 2 of NaBloPoMo! How is it going for you guys so far?! I love this! I seriously love lists way too much!
Today’s list is especially close to my heart. I know guys, I know super cheesy but hey you gotta have some cheese sometimes right?!
3 Things I Love About My Husband!
1~His smile! It gets me every time. I have always had a thing for twinkly eyes and boy does he have them. There is always so much mischief in his eyes. I love it so much!
He is the handsome stud in the green hat turning around to the camera.
2~ His hugs! I couldn’t find a picture of us really hugging but I think this one is pretty close and I love it because it shows on his face what he conveys in his hugs. He loves me so much and I honestly don’t know what I would do without his love and support. He means the world to me!
3~ His sense of humor! This man is not lacking in the humor department. I am pretty sure he has enough humor for the both of us! He is always saying something goofy or doing something goofy. It really keeps life interesting. He does it at home and at work. I love working with him!
Some co-workers of mine were trying to take a relatively serious picture because they were all wearing the same shirt. TJ of course had to photo-bomb. Typical TJ for you! Lol!
These are just a few things I love about him. I could gush on for hours but I am pretty sure you guys would get sick of me at that point. But to sum it all up, he is my better half and I could not be where I am today if he was not by my side.
What do you love about your spouse?
I love my husband a lot! Although, we have been married for 3 years and we are definitely not in the honeymoon stage anymore. It happens. I desperately want to keep the spark alive in our relationship and I know it is going to take effort on my part just as much as I want him to romance me. Plus it really just brings joy to my life to see him happy and feeling pursued!
I found this lovely little bit of loveliness from Steph over at Littlebitofparadise about romancing your husband.
I have adjusted the list just a little bit to mirror what my husband loves and I think I am going to do my best to implement them over the next month or so. I will definitely keep you updated on how this goes.
37 Ways To Romance Your Husband
- Dress up, primp (makeup, hair) before he comes home from work. Taking care of your physical appearance for his sake, if not for your own, means a lot to a man.
- Buy a six-pack of his favorite beer and put it front and center in the fridge with a post-it love note on it. (If he prefers dessert, do the same with a half gallon of his favorite ice cream in the freezer).
- Determine your husband’s “love language” and do at least one thing a day for a week that specifically says “I love you” according to his love language (see the book The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman).
- Make him a romantic dinner wearing your favorite apron and his favorite lingerie.
- Go on a milkshake date. It is goofy and just a fun way to connect over something yummy!
- Go shopping together for new lingerie. Often.
- If your husband loves books and/or music: plan a “bookstore date” where you’ll each pick out a new book for the other, or a new CD. Don’t forget coffee and dessert and relaxing convo in the café before you leave!
- Leave a lacy unmentionable in his gym bag or briefcase so he’ll find it during the day at work.
- Watch his favorite nerdy show with him. Even though it may seem silly or even lame in some ways, watch it with him. He will love it!
- Let him sleep in on a weekend.
- Order his favorite food and have it delivered just as he gets home for a surprise date night.
- Always affirm and compliment him in public. Don’t criticize or belittle, even if your girlfriends are doing it to their husbands at the same gathering.
- Let him pick the date, time, location, position. Just make sure he knows you can’t wait. Alternatively turn the tables on him: YOU pick the scenario when he least expects it. Show him that you can’t keep your hands off him!
- Let him have time with his guy friends. Don’t nag him to come home right away!
- Don’t give him a to-do list on the weekend.
- Verbally express your admiration and respect. Often.
- Defer to his decisions joyfully. That means without complaining.
- Choose to spend a night in with him rather than going out with friends.
- Text/email little notes and messages during the work day. Sexy ones and “just cuz” ones.
- Book a local hotel room, and take him, candles, wine, and take-out dinner for a romantic escapade neither of you will forget.
- Do something active together.
- Plan weekly “date night ins”. Order take-out. Rent a movie. Play a game. Just sit on the couch and soak in each other. Whatever makes it a night relaxing and fun for the two of you, but especially for him.
- Admire his physique. Verbally express appreciation that he takes care of himself.
- Allow him to play his favorite computer/smartphone/video game “guilt free” (i.e., without nagging from the wifey).
- Plan an outing for just the two of you doing his favorite outdoor adventure: kayaking, tennis, hiking, trail running, biking, snorkeling, fishing, etc.
- Let him pick the movie, TV show, or game. Even if it’s one of those action flicks you can’t stand.
- Choose to wear a sexy nightgown to bed vs. the oversized t-shirt and flannels you love so much.
- Celebrate his achievements at work, school, etc. Make a big deal out of his accomplishments.
- Thank him often for being a good provider and taking such good care of you.
- Make eye contact and give full attention to his response after you ask him “So babe, how was your day?”
- Pray for his intentions, and make sure he knows you’re his #1 prayer warrior.
- Buy a week’s worth of new silky/lacy under things and wear one new item every day for a week. Tell him he has a new surprise to check out at the end of each day. (No Hanes or Fruit of the Looms allowed for this one, ladies!)
- Go on a brewery tour or distillery tour. Something he loves and something I love.
- Apologize sincerely for something that upset him and ask for his forgiveness. And if he reciprocates with an apology, don’t demand a specific list of what he’s apologizing for. Just accept it. And if you can seal that apology with a hug, a kiss, and perhaps some make-up rough-and-tumble, so much the better.
- Verbalize your desire to try something new/adventurous in the bedroom. Or out of the bedroom.
- Make his favorite meal. I am one to try new recipes all the time and some of them can be quite strange. Make something he knows and loves. He will be so appreciative of it!
- Say “I love you” verbally. At least a bajillion times a day.
What are ways you like to romance your husband? I love finding new ways to show TJ just how much I love him!
I know, I know I am a little bit behind but yesterday was ridiculous. I was not home all day, but it was a good day! Anyway, back to that later. Tj and I have been married almost two years. Crazy right!? Plus, our four year dating anniversary is coming up in a couple of days. I have learned some things in my short stint as a married woman. So here are my lessons learned.
1. Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness.
~Do not hold a grudge. Just don’t. Its not attractive and it just leads to resentment and a super unhappy marriage. The more you forgive, the happier you will be together.
2. Amp up the intimacy.
~ I am not just talking physically but that is also super important. Talk with each other. Do things he likes to do or she likes to do. Find things to do that you both like. Do date nights regularly. Get physical! In and out of the bedroom. It is super important to stay connected otherwise you lose each other in the chaos of life.
3. Do not talk bad about your spouse behind their back or with them around.
~ Such a big one! You want them to trust you and to know that you respect them. If you talk bad about them to other people, you are putting fuel in the resentment tank of your marriage. You want that tank empty! It will show that you respect them and that you care deeply for them to succeed in the outside world.
4. Jealousy is not good.
~ They picked you. You need to realize that. Their is no need to be insecure in marriage unless there are some major marital problems already brewing. Being insecure about other women and your husband leaving you for such women does not lift you up and does not lift him up either. Enjoy your marriage and be awesome!
5. The little things.
~ This is one thing that both TJ and I struggle with, just showing each other in the little ways that we love each other daily. Sure we say it, but just doing little things like the dishes, or picking up our laundry or rubbing the others back without asking sometimes goes by the wayside. Keep up the little things!
So, there is my five lessons I have learned. What have you learned in your marriages?
Ok guys, so Thanksgiving has come and gone and yet I have not told you what I made for the big potluck meal that we had up at Arapahoe Basin!
I had pinned crockpot potatoes not too long before Thanksgiving, not really thinking about actually using the recipe this Thanksgiving!. But I did actually end up using it and it was delicious. Who would have thought that potatoes could be so good coming from the crockpot?!
The night before I had to work and so I did not get home until 9:30. That means the potatoes did not get in the crockpot until 9:45 and they had to cook for four hours! What?! That meant they would not be done until 1:45am. I was not about to stay up, so I put them in, went to bed, set an alarm and got up mashed the potatoes and went right back to bed. Lol!
Here is the link for the recipe. I followed it exactly and they turned out great!
Here is them in the crockpot….
The only problem is… I just realized that I did not take a picture of the finished product.
Let it be known, it was 1:45 am when I mashed, but I did have all day to take a picture…
Funny story about the potatoes though. The crockpot in the picture above, is no longer with us.
We took the crockpot with us to A-Basin. Tj stuck it in the snow while we were waiting for a space on the camp grill to heat up our taters. Well, not thinking about it, after 20 minutes in the snow, he stuck it right onto the grill. Needless to say, the bottom completely cracked! There ended up being a nice hole in the bottom. So, that meant I had to get a new one right?! And the next day did just happen to be black friday right?! So, I replaced it with a beautiful red crockpot that came with a tiny crockpot for dips. 🙂 See?
So, that is my thanksgiving adventures! What are great stories from your Thanksgiving?!
I am a person who worries a lot and do not enjoy thinking about certain things. Its that time of year again where everything kind of cumulates and all piles into one big worry session. Not only is the holidays fast approaching, but our lease in this apartment is up in January and we honestly do not want to live on this side of town anymore, so that means moving. Its also that time of the year where my prescription is starting to run out and I need to have a doctor’s appointment in order to get it refilled. Let me just say, I am not a fan of finding a new doctor in a new area. It is a stressful situation. Then I’m worrying about getting loans paid down and my loans kick in in January as well and so that means I need more hours in order to make the money that I need in order to pay them off.
So, as much as I love the holiday season, I’m ready for some of these worries to be off of my plate. It is during these times that it is hardest to remember to just sit back and let God handle them. So, that is my goal today. Sit back, drink my coffee, and take some of these worries out of the way so that I can focus on other things that are more important.
On a side note, I painted my toes in kind of candy stripes. I really am not very good at doing these designs on my toes. Who would’ve guessed?! I will definitely post pictures later.
A couple days ago , as I mentioned in my previous post, was the two year anniversary of when TJ asked me to be his wife. We were not able to celebrate that night but we both had the day off yesterday and so it provided the perfect opportunity for us to celebrate. We spent most of the day just hanging out around the house. We watched some movies. We did take an adventure to Wal-Mart in search of a game or puzzle but we were not thrilled by their selection so we ended up just leaving with Mint MnMs. Can’t go wrong with that! After spending the afternoon at home, we went out for dinner to Johnny Rockets. TJ said he was more than willing to go somewhere fancier but I was craving a cheesesteak and it isn’t the place that you go that makes the date, its the person that you are with. Being at Johnny Rockets allowed for us to be our usual goofy selves without drawing too much attention lol. We then walked around the mall. I have come to realize it is about time for a new pair of Vans. My favorite ones may or may not be a little bit ratty. So far no hole in the bottom of the shoe so I think we are still ok. We then came home to watch Prometheus and Dark Shadows. Both really good movies, although Prometheus was darker than I was expecting so I walked away from it feeling a little down. Note: Do not watch it with younger kids. Some gore and just darkness.
Today, is yet another day of reading. Anna Karenina the movie comes out Next Friday and so I need to finish the book before it leaves the theatres. I still have like 900 pages in the book but I would rather read it and watch it not on opening night than not know anything going into the movie. Les Mis comes out on Christmas and that is another book I need to read before I see the movie. Oh goodness, I have a reading problem. What books are you reading?
So, two years ago today TJ asked me to be his wife. We have now been married almost a year and half and I honestly couldn’t be happier. I love hearing engagement stories. There is just something so magical about hearing the romancing that went into asking to spend the rest of your life with someone. There are only few really big moments in a persons life and getting engaged is definitely one of them. It is a moment that every girl (well almost every girl) dreams about. I thought I would share my engagement story with you. It is fun for me to look back and makes me draw closer to him too!
So, here we go.
We went up to his house for the weekend from school. We went up to celebrate his sister’s birthday, which also happens to be the day that he proposed. I was not expecting anything. We had talked about it but I did not expect to be on this trip or even this soon really. I was completely oblivious as I am about most things. We had gone up after classes on Friday and spent the night with his family. We actually had gotten into an argument about something that night. I can’t remember what it was and it was probably something completely stupid anyway. We went to sleep, I upstairs and he in the basement. It was not a good night sleep after being on edge with each other. The next morning he comes upstairs and kisses my forehead and tells me to get freshened up and breakfast will be ready in a couple minutes. I thought he was trying to make amends for the night before. So, I get up and meet him downstairs. We walk over to the apartment above the garage (which was where we spent our first year of marriage.). I am still not expecting anything. He is carrying a tray full of delicious breakfast foods. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and he made sure to include my favorite parts of breakfast including grape juice and bacon. 🙂
We made it up to the apartment and I open the door first and there are candles all over the apartment! Again, first thing in the morning I was completely oblivious to what was going on. I thought he was seriously trying to make up for the night before. I was pretty impressed. So, we sat down at the little dining room table and ate breakfast and talked about how we slept and bad dreams and what not. He then put on some music and held out his hand for me to dance. I thought it was just cheesy and cute and still thinking, man he is really going all out for this making amends. We dance for about a minute and then he stops right next to this little table that I had not noticed before. He goes down on one knee and asks me to be his wife and then points to the little table. I did not see this coming, so my initial reaction was legitimately, “Oh Crap!” I then started crying and obviously said yes. The ring was a table that had candles arranged in the shape of a heart. It was in the middle of the heart so it made the ring super sparkly.
It was one of the best moments! Now, here I am a year and a half in and I don’t regret any part of it!
How did your husband propose or how did you propose to your wife?
P.s. Happy voting day!
Ok, so the last relationship pinterest attempt that I tried did not go over all that well. I mean it went, but it took much longer to do than I had originally intended. Well, this one is just a looooonnngggg attempt to start with so we shall see how well this goes over. Like the last attempt I did, I challenge you to do this one with me too! I’ll explain it here in a second. I see so much divorce and unhappy marriages in the world today and so that makes me ever more passionate to be a better wife and to have a Christ-centered marriage more than ever. So, here I am doing relationship attempt #2! I am loving trying the things that I pin instead of just reading the articles and saying, “oh, that’s a cute idea!” So, come along side me and show how you are thankful towards your husband as well!
So what the challenge is, is there are 99 Things that you might be thankful for your husband. Each day you pick one thing and you either email him, text him, call him, facebook him or just downright tell him face to face that you are thankful for that thing. I will start either today or tomorrow, I haven’t decided yet. I have a feeling by us showing our thankfulness in these areas, it will not only help us see the best in our husbands and take our focus off of their flaws but by building them up that will probably draw their hearts closer to ours because they realize how much we actually appreciate them. As women, at least in my experience, we tend to look for the flaws in others, men or women. We as Christians, are called to be uplifting and what better place to start than at home? So, join me in the 99 days of thankfulness!
Here is the list:
1. He works hard.
2. He has a job.
3. He’s trying hard to find a better job.
4. He’s a human jungle gym for the dog.
5. He wants the best for our family.
6. He helps with the dog at bedtime.
7. He’s passionate about our family.
8. He’s a good leader.
9. He’s not a whiner.
10. I can trust his judgment.
11. He does the right thing, even when he doesn’t want to.
12. He tries to please me.
13. He’s organized.
14. He’s inventive.
15. He loves to get his hands dirty.
16. He’s adventurous.
17. He’s dependable.
18. He takes command.
19. He can still sweet talk me.
20. He’s a saver.
21. He’s a spender.
22. He rarely buys things for himself.
23. He’s disciplined.
24. He doesn’t [chew me out].
25. He doesn’t swear that much.
26. He doesn’t swear in front of children.
27. He can fix anything.
28. He knows when to call a repairman.
29. He’s stays calm in hairy situations.
30. He volunteers to [take the dog out].
31. He can [pick up poop].
32. He’ll buy the tampons.
33. He marvels at our [little family].
34. He asks my opinion.
35. He’s committed to our marriage.
36. He’s realistic.
37. He surprises me with flowers and gifts.
38. He compliments me.
39. He’s a good guy.
40. He’s consistent.
41. He helps clear the table.
42. He thanks me at the end of most meals.
43. He has simple tastes.
44. I’m still attracted to him.
45. He has a sweet smile.
46. He doesn’t make excuses.
47. He knows me.
48. He chose me.
49. He’s a great bug killer!
50. He’ll help with laundry.
51. He touches me in all the right ways, and in all the right places.
52. He still wants to be physical with me.
53. He loves me as I grow older.
54. He wants to be a good man.
55. He values my job as a wife.
56. He is encouraging.
57. He [listens to me].
58. He’s silly for [me].
59. His eyes don’t stray.
60. He doesn’t step out on me.
61. He doesn’t drink.
62. He doesn’t do drugs.
63. He gets what’s important in life.
64. He would do anything to keep me smiling.
65. He would lay down his life for us.
66. His arms are protective.
67. He keeps our cars picked up.
68. He pursues a relationship with God.
69. Things seem to roll off his back.
70. He tries to put up with my PMS.
71. He’d rather be with me than anywhere else.
72. He’s a trusted friend.
73. He’d give a stranger the shirt off his back.
74. He’s honest.
75. He’s not a showoff.
76. He’s not scatter-brained.
77. He’s always prepared.
78. He’s a great provider.
79. I know we’ll never go hungry.
80. He’s creative.
81. He calls if he’s running late.
82. He’s always on time.
83. He’s happy to [take the lead].
84. He makes me laugh.
85. He has a good heart.
86. He is honorable.
87. He takes out the garbage.
88. He finds the fun in life.
89. When he makes decisions he considers the needs of our family first.
90. He’s irresistible.
91. He’s kind.
92. He is willing to watch romantic movies with me.
93. He cracks up at [Youtube Videos].
94. He’s respected at work.
95. He’s a good employee.
96. He’s a good follower.
97. He’s a man of his word.
98. He desires to be the best husband he can be.
99. He’s a good companion
This list is taken from here and is not my property by any means. I made some adjustments because we don’t have kids and so I made some indications with brackets. Take a look at the original list if you do have kids or make adjustments of your own as well! Each husband is unique and we can be thankful for their uniqueness too!
Let’s do this!